Hello,

Welcome to my new Sunday weekly blog post. I love reading newsletters (I get serious tinges of excitement when Emma Gannon weekly newsletter arrives in my inbox), so I thought a nice way to finish my week (and hopefully yours too) would be to write my own little blog newsletter  to reflect on my thoughts for the week and share all the internet things I've enjoyed reading and watching through the week to pass on that joy (just to warn you, these post will probably include a lot of Liv Purvis, Emma Gannon, Charly Cox and Lily Pebbles - because I have quite full-on internet crushes)


Before I go any further I think it's only right to touch on the horrible events which took place in London this week. It was heartbreaking to hear the news, and my thoughts go out to everyone affected. What a sad week for such a wonderful city - it's good to hear of everyone standing strong and together. I'm sure there is so much more I can say on the subject, but I think it's best to pay my respects and move forward, as this blog isn't the place for that.


My big sister turned 27, yesterday she is my best friends, a constant reminder of how uncool and not funny I am, and a bit pain in the ass - I can't believe she is 27. Crazy. And today, one of my closest friends turn Gina, turned 25, I'm looking forward to celebrating tomorrow evening with far too much food, laughter and chats.

It is also Mothers day in the UK today, like many other, my mum is my favourite person, she does more than I could ever ask for, she deals with my horrible moods and always knows the right thing to say.

Now, this post is definitely beginning to feel a little like some cringe dedication page, let's move on before we all vomit.


General life
This week I've felt myself moving out on a somewhat depressive state which I've been in the past few weeks. Not having the perfect job, and feeling as though I'm stepping backwards in my career, has left me feeling pretty down - but I'm picking myself up, and trying to see the beauty in not knowing what's next. There are so many things I want to do, personal plans, career plans, blog plans - they're all brewing. I feel a little like I might explode with inspiration, and trying to figure out how to execute all of my plans is always challenging, but something I'm finally feeling up to, rather than overwhelmed by.

I had a very long Skype chat with my friend Stacie from New Day Knitwear, which left me feeling very inspired and excited for what's to come from the brand. If you're into pretty knitwear and crochet, a creative person and keen to talk about mental health, seriously check them out!

I've been spending lots of time with my Mum, we went shopping and watched Beauty and the Beast (more on that later) - a day spent with my mum was just what I was in need of.


Blog and Youtube
I took a week off blogging because I just didn't feel like it. I felt a little full up with sadness, and demotivated, so rather than forcing it, I just didn't do it. A week away reminded me of everything I love about blogging, and why I started in the first place. I'm pleased to say enjoying being back at it and feeling very inspired. I'm being a little more relaxed with a schedule because I don't want blogging to feel like a chore, however, I will be a minim of two posts going up each week. This Sunday newsletter will continue each week, and hopefully, as I get into the swing of things it won't be so long, and as tedious as this one probably is.

I also have lots of plans for my Youtube channel, I definitely want to start making more 'arty' videos and expand my skills in that area, if you would like to see more from me please subscribe to my channel, it would be nice to occasionally feel as though somebody is watching. I'm also going to change my upload day, because I feel as though the everyone and their mother uploads Sunday, so my videos will be going live every Wednesday at 6 pm.


Reading
I haven't been reading so many novels recently, I just haven't got lost in a story for a while - if you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

I've been dipping in and out of Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, it's one of those books I love reading while I'm actually reading it, but I don't often feel the desire to pick it up. I'm coming to the end of it now, and I would say if you're a creative person, especially a writer, it's worth reading, it gives you a new way to look at your creativity.

As for articles and blog posts, I have a few I've really enjoyed over the past few weeks - obviously, there is a bit of backlog, but here are the articles which have stuck with me over the past few weeks:

Lily Pebbles' Tales of a Tomboy - Lily touches on the stigma behind wearing pink and being a 'tomboy'
Scarlett Curtis' Z Generation Hit List - Pink as a way of life - I love Scarlett Curtis' writing, so her weekly column will probably make more appearance in my Sunday blog letter. I loved this post about the colour pink. As you can probably tell from my first two articles to read - I also am obsessed with pink.
Zoe London's Finding Individual Style - I been at a complete loss with my wardrobe (which has turned out quite expensive), and reading this post by Zoe helped me to reflect on my personal style.
Dolly Alderton's Confessions of a Dating Columnist - This column by Dolly Alderton is great, it brings a lighthearted vibe back to dating - rather than the 'oh dear lord I'm mid-twenties so need to settle down and get married ASAP'.  This article is just good. The point about being a human Tamagotchi. I have been that human Tamagotchi and didn't really realise until I heard it describes so perfectly there. Don't be a Tamagotchi. 


Watching
I've been yet again making my way through Gilmore Girls (Gilmore girls related blog post coming your way tomorrow), I'm just coming to the end and watching the Year in the Life for the second time. This time around I liked Lorelai and Christoper together a lot more (I know, I'm sorry). I also found myself liking Logan's character more this time, but I will always be team Jess at heart. , I've gotta say, Rory isn't quite the sweetheart the town of Stars Hollow perceive her as, but I bloody love Lorelai and Emily.

As I mentioned earlier, I went to see Beauty and the Beast this week, and I've got say it lived up to my expectation and far beyond them. The filming and the sets were damn right incredible, the acting was great, and I love the way the story was portrayed, I felt like the audience found out a lot more back story. I thought Emma Watson was perfect as Belle - and her voice is far more stunning that I ever expected. Also probably the strangest thing I could ever say, but she definitely has the right eyebrows for the part (please tell me somebody else looked at her eyebrows and thought those are Belles' eyebrows are supposed to look?! Nope, just me? okay).

In the Youtube world, here are some videos which I've thought were great:
Lucy Moons Alternate guide to London
MyNamesisLaura Colour Face Recreation Chart
Liv Purvis inside the Wardrobe of Emma Gannon
Lily Pebbles How to Style a Leather Skirt


Listening
 If you know me, you know I'm not really a music person (if you don't, have a moment to take that news in, maybe be shocked and slightly disgusted by me), so I expect this section will be more podcast related. This week I've been catching up with Emma Gannon CTRL ALT DELETE, I listened to the hour-long live special with Alice Lowe which I found so inspiring - it really made me want to get into the filmmaking the world, and of course the much-anticipated episode with Lena Dunham was great as expected, and I reminder that I really need to start watching Girls.

If you made it to the end of this post, you deserve some sort of an award. Next week, hopefully, will be a little more short and sweet (well it at least has to be shorter than this!)

Happy Sunday.
C x