If you follow me on twitter (@chloeharreits), you might have realised my Gilmore Girls obsession is back.

I've been making my way through the series (for the third time). I've just got to the Season 5 and watched the episode, 'I Jump, You Jump, Jack' - if you're familiar with the series, it's the episode where we first get introduced to 'The Life and Death Brigade'... you know,  in Omnia Paratus and all that. This was my gateway episode to the series so to speak, the reason I fell in love with Gilmore Girls. If you're still wondering what on earth I'm rambling on about, the episode takes place while Rory is at Yale University, she goes on a trip with a secret society, The Life and Death Bridge for research. The group take part in somewhat dangerous stunts in order to live more exciting lives. The weekend which Rory spends with the Life and Death Brigade in short consists of everyone dressed in clothes from 1930, not using the letter E, playing strange games, refusing to answer Rory's questions (which is kind of the point of her being there), and the main event... wearing formal attire to jump from seven stories, with just an umbrella. It's all a bit odd, I'd recommend giving the episode a watch.

Although this world the society created seemed ridiculous, I also found it simply enchanting.  They have created a whole new world, beyond of the whole greatness of Gilmore girls, Yale and even Stars Hollow. A sacred world based around living in the moment not letting fear create boundaries

I watched this episode, and thought, this is cool, why is my life not this cool - I mean obviously it's fictional and I don't go to Yale University, like fuck would I take part in dangerous stunt and I wasn't brought up in that world - but practicalities aside, why can't my life be a little more exciting.

The Life and Death Brigade have the motto 'in Omnia Paratus' which means ready for anything in Latin. Which to put in bluntly - I'm not. Naturally, I'm just not an outgoing person. As my mum would put it, I'm a home bird.

My life is far from exciting, the main reason being, I rarely do anything, let alone dangerous stunts to add a bit of extra thrill to my already interesting days. Of course, I'm not planning on taking part in any dangerous activities, because, I just think it's just plain stupid. But the idea behind the society, I think is a genius. Our fear often stops us doing things, so I group which encourages us to put our fears to one side so we feel as though we're living - I think that's somewhat wonderful.

In this episode of Gilmore, Girl Logan says to Rory "It'll be fun, it'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you. Just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived" Which got me thinking when was the last time I did something just for fun or a thrill? When did I do something different, and take advantage of being young - honestly, never, not really. I've never allowed myself to be reckless. I hardly ever leave my house (probably should be a little embarrassed to admit that really, but there it is) - I tend to spend my time in my bedroom, at work, on the bus or curled up on Jaynie's sofa - that's pretty much it. So am I really living? How I am supposed to live a full life when I've restricted myself to 4 locations, and about 5 people?

I don't want to get to 100 years old and have my life full of memory of my house. I want more than that, I want to adventure further, and more. Because that's the point of living right? To live.

My introverted nature and shy personality, mean even spending time with new people is challenging for me, so I tend to avoid it. I stick to my 4 friends and the places we know. But it's time I stopped worrying about feeling uncomfortable and started trying to live. I'm going to try to be a little more Omnia Paratus- within reason, of course, I won't be jumping for any buildings or traveling the world - but I'm going to try to be a little more open to the world around me, to new place, people and possibilities, because there's the world outside my bedroom I need to embrace rather than be intimated by. I want to really live as many minutes as possible. So time to push past that comfort zone.

In Omnia Paratus

... probably not up for anything, but I'm trying to be up for some things, okay?!