A product which has already got a few mentions across my social media is the Lottie Soap Star Brush Cleanser, but I decided it still deserved an entire blog post, as well I want to talk about it.

Brushes before cleanse

Brushes before cleanse



I've always washed my makeup brushes using Shampoo, and haven't ever had a problem with this, so I'd not really considered spending money on a brush cleanser when I felt my  method was working fine (blog post here), however I'd read a few times that the Lottie Soap Star Brush Cleanser was a good buy, and browsing Superdrug one day it caught my eye, I noticed it was only £6.99 so popped it in my basket.

Brushes before the cleanse

I have to say for that price it is an amazing product. The first time I've used it I wasn't sure what to expect as it is nothing like a makeup brusher cleanser I'd ever seen before. It's in a solid form, and a little round pot, which makes it very practical if you travel a lot.




Using this product is really easy (I try it out for the first time in this haul video), you simply wet your brushes, swirl them around the solid soap and wash them off. I could not believe how much time I saved washing my brushes the first time I used this. I'd say it took about half the amount of time.
 The only issue I find is, you do get some product on the surface of the soap, so I tend to just give it a little wipe over before washing my next brush. When using this you do need to be careful to wash all of the product out of the brushes, as if you don't it leaves your brushes feeling a little stiff - however, if you do, you brush end up super soft and feel and look almost new.

Brushes after cleanse
Brushes after cleanse
Since using this, my brushes are cleaner than ever. There were some colours/marks on my brushes which I'd assumed were stains which were never going anywhere, yet after just one wash with this cleanser, my brushes are almost completely back to their original state.

Brushes after cleanse
My only worry with using this is, being a solid product could there be a chance of bacteria/germs spreading? However, if I don't have any major breakout in the near future I will most definitely be repurchasing this once it runs out - my brushes have never been so cleaning, and cleaning them has never been so fuss-free.

Brushes after cleanse