Despite how much I love this time of year, there are some things about it which really aren't ideal. Keeping your skin looking healthy and hydrated is definitely one of them. I'm certainly not a fan of matte skin, I like a dewy look, but when the colder weather hits my skin does not naturally seem to have a dewy look. I suffer from quite dry skin, so Autumn/Winter I seem to get dehydrated skin and dry patches which make up clings to - not quite the look I'm set on when I apply makeup. And on top of that this time of year I just find it harder to feel healthy and good about myself - so when ALOHA contacted me, I decided it would be a good idea to work with them and put together a little blog post on how I deal with these winter blues.



Drink more water - I find this time of year as it's no longer hot, I find myself more likely to forget to drink water, so I've got myself a water bottle which I carry around with my and I am feeling the benefits - my skin doesn't seem quite so dehydrated and I'm just feeling all-around better. Sometimes I'll add lemon slices to my water, to give it a bit of flavour and to feel all those health benefits.

Lipbalm, Lipbalm, Lipbalm - dry lips aren't nice. The EOS lip balm is a godsend I swear, it has saved my lips recently. The only complaint I have is the packaging doesn't really make it suitable to carry in your pocket - but it looks cool on my bedside table and I can pop it in my handbag.

Eating healthy - here's one where I really need to practise what I preach. I've been feeling pretty slobby recently if I'm honest, I've been comfort eating a lot and struggling to get into being healthy again, however, I was contacted by someone at ALOHA about this blog post, and I'm finally feeling inspired to be healthy again. They have many great looking recipes on their website that I couldn't wait to try some out, so I decided to give the Baked Apple Chip ago as I thought they'd be a great healthy replacement for my usual crisps/chips. They were super easy to make, didn't take make ingredients, super delicious and healthy, plus they filled my kitchen with incredible cinnamon, coconut apple scent while they cooked. Can't really go wrong there.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - This is my holy grail foundation, I can't remember a time I didn't use this foundation. It leaves my skin look glowing and isn't too heavy.

Neals Yard Remedies Facial Oil - a new favourite of mine, I've been using this constantly since purchasing it, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and healthy.


The Bodyshop Body Butter - everyone loves The Bodyshop body butters right?! Unfortunately, the one I'm lovin' at the moment was a limited edition that I stocked upon. The Smokey Poppy Body Butter has the most beautiful dusky scent and does wonders for my skin this time of year. 



 How do you fight the winter blues?
Have you tried out any of the Aloha recipes?

Love Chloe

xx