Fishtail/milkmaid braids...

So recently some hairstyles I've been experimenting with have been milkmaid braids and fishtails, once you get the hang of doing them they're pretty easy to do and don't take much time at all, yet wearing both of the hairstyles I've had an unbelievable amount of compliments (thank you very much everyone I really appreciate it), and people have been asking how I've done the hairstyles/if they've taken long so I thought I'd do a little blogpost on it.

Fishtail:

The fishtail look very similar to an ordinary plait, just slightly more complicated, however I don't think it's much more difficult to complete than a plait, you just need to get the hang of doing it. 

To create the fishtail you need to spilt the hair into two equal pieces, you then take a piece of hair from the bottom on one of the sections, pulling it over this section, moving it into the other section of your hair, where you now hold this piece in place - to put it as simply as I can you move hair from one section so that is crosses over into the other section of your hair, then repeat on the other side, keep repeating this until the full fishtail braid is formed.

Here's a youtube video which explains it incase my instruction aren't clear enough (there are other hairstyles in this video too which you might be interested in.. and yes Zoella is my favourite youtuber, would definitely recommend watching her videos)






The Milkmaid Braids:






The milkmaid braid are nowhere near as complicated as they look and take no time at all.
To create this look you put you hair into two ordinary plaits, like so:
(although I'd recommend using clear elastic hairbands so they're less visible, you can get these in boots, superdrug etc)
Once your hair is plaited you take on the the plaits, twist it slightly forward, place it on you head in the position you want it, and use some hair grips/bobby pins to secure it, then repeat the same with the other plait.

Once again here is a video which may offer a clearer explanation (just to say these were both hairstyles I had experiments with before I saw these Zoella videos, however have been doing them more since seeing the videos).





I also recently experimented with combining these two hair styles, simply by putting two fishtail braid into the hair rather than plaits when completing the milkmaid braid look, and here's a picture of the result:




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig